Our Sustainability Pledge
One Earth is committed to creating a platform to help make a difference to the planet, and as such, wherever possible we aim to have as little impact on the environment as possible. We choose to work with partners and suppliers who share the same values as us and are working together to continuously challenge and find new ways to reduce waste, energy and environmental impact.
In 2020 these are just some of the steps we will take;
- Off set the event's carbon emission
- E-ticket only event, reducing the use of paper
- Holding the event at the NEC - who are committed to delivering events that are as sustainable as possible, through their Sustain policy
- Removing as much single use plastic from the event as possible
- Providing locally sourced food options at the event, where the majority of produce travels no more than 30 miles and supports local businesses
- Working in partnership with public transport providers to offer visitors discounted travel to the event
- One Earth’s ambition is to plant 100,000 trees, in partnership with ForestNation. Working with our global reforestation partner Forest Nation, who have gifted the first 10,000 trees in the One Earth Forest, we pledge to plant a tree for every ticket purchased to attend One Earth!
We all face challenges in trying to make a difference; thinking about how we consume and the products that we use, the events industry is no exception to that. The One Earth Show is trying to encourage a positive change in day to day lives and that includes how we deliver the event.
We believe that small changes really can make a big difference.